12/08/2014

Kris Van Assche Campaigns












Source: Mauricio Nard| Collage my own
It is interesting how Kris Van Assche campaigns have such a distinctive style season after season, the AW13 campaign shot by Bruno Staub reminds me of Dave Mcdermott's Relationship Study (2012) art piece. I have to say that I can relate to the SS14 campaign, the play with counter balance and counter tension between both models reminds me of gymnastic lessons at school when we had to demonstrate really embarrassing poses to the whole class whilst maintaining stabilityAlessio Bolzoni shot the last two campaigns and AW14 is by far my favourite, I love the low angles and composition of his work; the mix and match styling by Mauricio Nardi looks well elaborated in this context where bodies are juxtaposed and graphic prints accentuated to create a statement which summarises the edginess and modernity of the brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment